Finished-to-Order Collections and Custom-Finished Products
B&O CASA Responsibilities:
Lifetime Structural Warranty
B& O’s warranty commitment is to provide quality engineered hardwood flooring that is free from manufacturing defects in milling and lamination for the lifetime of the product.
B&O’S Finished-to-Order and Custom-Finished products are covered under these finish warranties only when cleaned and maintained per the guidelines set forth for the coating type. For items finished with Oil and UV Oil finishes, that maintenance may require re-application of
oil by a flooring professional during the period of this warranty, and the need for such reapplication does not constitute a product failure. The frequency of the maintenance required to maintain a wood floor finished with Oil or UV Oil may vary significantly from one setting to the next depending on foot traffic. Floors finished with Oil or UV Oil used in a commercial setting may require frequent re-oiling. With Oil and UV-Oil finished floors, water and other liquids left for prolonged periods without being wiped up may cause spotting, which is normal and will not be considered a product defect. Gloss reduction is not considered wear through and is not covered under this warranty.
Residential Finish Warranty
B&O Casa further warrants that, under normal residential conditions and with proper cleaning and maintenance as prescribed for the applicable coating type, the finish on B&o Casa Finished-to-Order and Custom-Finished flooring products will not wear through to raw
wood in any single area for 10 years from the date of purchase. Common areas in multi-family residences are not defined as Residential and are not covered under this Residential Finish warranty.
Light Commercial Warranty – Oil and UV Oil Finishes
B&O Casa further warrants that, under normal Light Commercial conditions and with proper maintenance as prescribed for our Oil and UV Oil finishes, the finish on B&O Casa Finished-to-Order and Custom-Finished products finished with Oil or UV Oil will not wear through to raw wood in any single area for 3 years from the date of purchase.
Light Commercial Warranty – UV Urethane Finish
(Requires Commercial Sealer Upgrade)
The UV Urethane coating on B&O Casa Finished-to-Order and Custom-Finished products is warranted for Light Commercial use if and only if it is purchased with our Commercial Sealer upgrade. On floors where the Commercial Sealer has been applied, B&O Casa warrants that, under normal Light Commercial conditions and with proper maintenance as prescribed for our UV Urethane finishes, the finish on B&O Casa Finished-to-Order and Custom-Finished UV Urethane finished products will not wear through to raw wood in any single area for 3 years from the date of purchase. Under this warranty, Light Commercial areas are defined as public or commercial spaces with light to moderate traffic and infrequent liquid spills, and do not include food preparation, food service or public dining areas, areas where people form lines such as in front of cash registers, areas where furniture is frequently moved such as auditoriums, or high traffic areas such as
classrooms and near elevator doors.
These warranties are given only to the original retail purchaser of the flooring. No warranties are transferable. B&O Casa reserves the right to verify and inspect any and all warranty claims. Warranty claims may be investigated and inspected by company personnel and/or ATFA Certified Hardwood Flooring Inspectors at our option. Some defect claims may require the removal of samples for analysis. Responsibility for replacement costs of materials will be determined after cause and analysis is made. B&O Casa will repair and/or replace any material deemed defective at our option. B&O Casa will directly reimburse the original purchaser. In the event that the defective flooring is unable to be repaired in a reasonable number of attempts, B&O Casa will reimburse the original purchaser the purchase price of the flooring for the defective portion of the floor.
- Customer must retain the original sales receipt.
- Customer must follow the B&O Casa Finished-to-Order & Custom Engineered Flooring Installation, Care & Maintenance Instructions (hereafter referred to as ‘Installation Instructions’).
- Customer must follow proper maintenance and floor care procedures, using proper maintenance and cleaning products as prescribed for the applicable coating type. See
‘Finished-to-Order & Custom Engineered Flooring Installation Instructions, Care & Maintenance – Cleaning’ to identify the correct coating and cleaning/maintenance regimen.
- Hardwood flooring is a natural product. Wood expands and contracts according to humidity and moisture conditions. It is very important that engineered wood flooring be thoroughly acclimatised to a controlled environment before it is installed.
- Carefully follow the Installation Instructions
- Verify that the flooring has been properly acclimatised.
- Verify that installation and/or site conditions are adequate for the installation in accordance with the Installation Instructions and ensure that humidity and temperature conditions are maintained during acclimation and installation. Verify that the subfloor is clean, dry, flat, and structurally sound per the requirements listed in the Installation Instructions.
- Check the flooring for manufacturing defects and/or visible damage. Verify prior to installation that any hardwood flooring that will be installed has been manufactured within acceptable tolerances and is visually satisfactory to the end-user. When in doubt, do not install.
Warranty Disclaimers - Things not covered by B&O Casa’s Warranty:
- Wood flooring installed in full bathrooms with a shower or tub
- Damage caused by fire, flooding and other natural disasters and/or Acts of God
- Damage caused by negligence, accidents, misuse or abuse
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar or hard heads
- Damage caused by appliances, furniture, and casters
- Damage caused by cutting from sharp objects
- Damage to the coating caused by tape or other adhesive products
- Reduction in gloss, scratches, or indentation due to sand, pebbles or other abrasives, debris, pets, insects, construction traffic, or failure to maintain the floor as required
- Color, shade, or texture variations between samples, printed color photography or replacement flooring and original flooring material
- Changes in color due to exposure to air, sunlight and age
- Noises (squeaks, etc.) associated with anything other than the mis-manufacture of the flooring
- Naturally occurring wood characteristics such as variation in grain, mineral streaks, and knots
- Deficiencies related to subfloor/floor joist assemblies, subfloor preparation materials and fasteners including but not limited to uneven subfloor surfaces, floor deflection, voids in the subfloor, or excessive moisture in the subfloor
- Natural expansion and contraction resulting in separation between boards or damage caused by excessive high or low humidity
- Minor cracks or separations between the flooring boards caused by expansion and contraction due to seasonal changes
- Cupping or crowning in the flooring boards due to excessive subfloor moisture or low humidity
-Products designated as 2nds, sold “as-is”, or clearance.
- Construction or installation-related damage
- Floors damaged or adhesive breakdown caused by subfloor moisture or water damage, including without limitation to broken or leaking water pipes, flooding, wet mopping spills or weather conditions
- Installation defects including installations made in violation of applicable state or local housing or building codes, or contrary to the Installation Instructions
Color – Quality Disclaimer:
There are color and pattern variations in all wood. This is characteristic of a living tree. All wood will go through natural color changes from the effects of oxidation and ultraviolet light. In some species such as American Cherry, Walnut, Thermo-treated Oak and some exotics this color change is more pronounced. This is not a product defect and is not covered by the warranty.
NOTE: Industry standards allow a tolerance in quality variation not exceeding 5% of the total quantity purchased. B&O Casa will replace any defective material in excess of this tolerance excluding any labour or related costs. The owner is responsible for final inspection of the production before installation. IF the owner hire a third party to install the product the owner is responsible for that party’s judgement. If the owner choices not to inspect prior to installation no responsibility will be born by B&O Casa. Material already installed will be deemed acceptable by the owner or installer and will not be considered for warranty. This warranty is subject to restrictions and limitations.
When the Installation Instructions are followed B&O Casa Engineered Flooring having a top layer made of a species from the list of warranted species and of an appropriate plank size as outlined in the ‘Radiant Heat Systems’ section of the Installation Instructions is fully warranted over radiant heat. The warranty will be void if any of the requirements in the ‘Radiant Heat Systems’ section of the Installation Instructions are not fully met. NOTE: in wood flooring installations over radiant heat, moderate surface checking, cracking (especially at the ends of boards and around knots), shrinkage, gapping between planks, and slight cupping are all to be expected and do not constitute a product defect.
It is the responsibility of the installer to inspect the flooring for manufacturing defects and/or visible damage prior to installation. as outlined in the ‘Radiant Heat Systems’ section of the Installation Instructions is fully warranted over radiant heat. The warranty will be void if any of the requirements in the ‘Radiant Heat Systems’ section of the Installation Instructions are not fully met. NOTE: in wood flooring installations over radiant heat, moderate surface checking, cracking (especially at the ends of boards and around knots), shrinkage, gapping between planks, and slight cupping are all to be expected and do not constitute a product defect.
B&O Casa accepts no responsibility for liabilities, claims, or expenses, including labor costs, where flooring with visible defects has been installed. No retailers, distributors or employees have the authority to alter the obligations, limitations, or exclusions under any of the B&O Casa warranties. B&O Casa excludes and will not be liable for or pay incidental, consequential or special damages under any warranties. This means any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. These limited warranties constitute the only express warranties for the product purchased. To the extent permitted by law and for all non-consumer products, all warranties other than B&O Casa limited warranties express or implied, including any warranty merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are disclaimed. If any implied warranty arises under state law, any and all implied warranties (including any warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) are limited in duration to the duration of this written warranty, to the extent allowed by law.
We abide by the Consumers Guarantees Act, which covers returns or exchanges for goods which are faulty.
B&O Casa wants every customer to be happy and satisfied with their purchase. If there are claims or questions, or in the event that you are not totally satisfied with your hardwood floor, please contact us.